Learning to play an instrument is now more accessible than ever. The internet made it extremely easy to gain access to free lessons for almost every musical instrument built by man. However, nothing sounds as melodic as an acoustic guitar. Acoustic guitars are quite easy to learn, affordable, and quite cool, especially for teenagers.
The reason why acoustic guitars are so popular is their warm sound and the fact that they work better with a wider range of musical genres. For a beginner, the guitar does not have to be expensive. An affordable guitar is more than enough to start learning. For advanced guitar players, an upgrade would mean getting a more expensive acoustic guitar.
Best Acoustic Guitars in 2023
For our list, we focused more on finding decent and affordable guitars that are recommended for beginner and intermediate users. There are quite a lot of different acoustic guitar models, which made the search difficult to a certain degree. If there is one thing worth mentioning is the fact that there are a lot of users that provide negative feedback for inexpensive acoustic guitars because their expectations are too high. Inexpensive guitars are clearly of a lower quality, but they are still perfect for beginners. To keep things short, let’s jump right to our list of the top 10 best acoustic guitars in 2023 reviews.
Barcelona Beginner Series 41-Inch Full-Size Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
- Accessories include Gig Bag, Strap, Strings, Picks, and Polishing Cloth
- Ideal for beginning musicians
- Rosewood fretboard and bridge
- Stainless diecast tuning pegs
- Black finish
The Barcelona beginner series Dreadnought acoustic guitar is an excellent pick for the ones that have a limited budget. It is an excellent pick for people that never owned a guitar before, as it comes with some useful bonuses.
Inside the kit, the manufacturers included a tuning accessory, picks, a guitar bag, and the guitar itself. The guitar comes with a glossy black finish with a rosewood fretboard and bridge. It is an ideal pick for beginners that need something basic to learn how to play an acoustic guitar.
Gretsch G9500 Jim Dandy Flat Top – Vintage Sunburst
- Basswood body with X-bracing
- 12th fret, 24”-scale nato set neck with synthetic bone nut
- Vintage-style 18 frets
- Walnut fingerboard with pearloid dot inlays
- Top-load walnut bridge with compensated saddle
Gretsch G9500 is one of the more expensive models on our list. It is recommended mostly for intermediate users that are looking for a decent upgrade or just a replacement for an old acoustic guitar.
In terms of craftsmanship, the guitar offers a particular sound that makes it easy to recognize. It has an elongated upper bout, and it is made mostly out of pine. The brand itself is quite old, but not that many have heard of Gretsch. They have been in business for over 50 years, which means they have a rather impressive experience.
Yamaha Gigmaker Standard Acoustic Guitar Pack
- The perfect package for beginers with everything you need to get started
- includes an F310 Natural acoustic guitar, gig bag, digital tuner, strap and picks
- Dreadnought Body
- Spruce Top
- Rosewood Fingerboard
Yamaha Gigmaker is an excellent option for the ones that are looking for a kit that includes all the required accessories for an absolute beginner. The higher price of the equipment does translate into a better-sounding guitar.
For the kit, Yamaha included a guitar tuner, a carrying bag, strings, picks, DVD lessons, and a strap. The guitar is made of high-quality wood that improves acoustics. It is available in a standard edition or a deluxe edition that includes several interesting bonuses.
Fender Squier Acoustic Guitar Bundle with Gig Bag
- Everything you need to start playing straight out of the box
- Full-size dreadnought body for full and vibrant tone, suited for all styles of music
- 20-fret rosewood fingerboard with dot inlays
- Rosewood bridge with compensated synthetic bone saddle
- Laminated spruce top
Fender Squier acoustic guitar bundle bag offers a great deal of money. The Squier series has been hugely successful due to the fact that they sound pretty well while still being affordable.
The bundle comes with a carrying bag, a strap, a tuner, 3 picks, and several other useful items for beginners. The model is quite well made using high-quality wood. It comes in a natural wood color and a dreadnought body size.
Epiphone DR-100 Accessory Bundle with Stand
- Bundle includes Epiphone DR-100 acoustic guitar, stand, picks, tuner, and strap
- Mahogany body and select spruce top
- 25.5 Scale
Epiphone DR-100 is a great option for beginner and intermediate guitar players. It comes as a decently priced bundle that includes some interesting bonus items. The kit includes a small foldable stand, a tuner, 5 different picks, a strap, and a small tuner.
The guitar itself is made using high-quality wood and can be purchased in one out of 3 colors. In terms of sound, for an untrained ear, the guitar is quite decent, making it a great pick for the ones that are looking to perfect their skills or just learn how to play the guitar.
Fender FA-100 Limited Edition Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar with Gig Bag
- Protective Fender black nylon gig bag included.
- Keep this acoustic in proper playing position with the included Fender strap when standing or sitting from the factory installed forward facing strap button and rear strap button.
- Under the natural glossy Basswood top, the time tested quartersawn X bracing adds to the distinct FA 100’s projection and top stability.
- Enjoy optimal playability through any season from the hex adjustable truss rod in the neck that will counteract the string tension from the 12-52 gauge Fender Duratone strings (hex/allen truss rod wrench included).
- Enjoy additional peace of mind due to Fender’s limited lifetime warranty that is included with purchase.
Fender FA-100 is a limited-edition acoustic guitar. It has a reasonable price and can be purchased in one out of two colors. The model is a full-size dreadnought guitar.
Looking at the built quality, the guitar features a rosewood fretboard and bridge. The body of the guitar has a laminated spruce top, back, and sides. It sounds significantly better than other acoustic guitars in the same price range. The model comes with only a carrying back and no other accessories.
Fender CD-60CE Dreadnought Cutaway Acoustic-Electric Guitar with Hard Case
- Laminated Mahogany Top with Scalloped X-Bracing, Laminated Mahogany Back and Sides
- Mahogany Neck with 20 Fret Rosewood Fingerboard
- Rosewood Bridge with Compensated Saddle
- Fishman Isys III System with Active Onboard Preamp and Tuner
The fender CD-60CE Acoustic guitar is one of the more expensive models that was made mostly for the ones that are looking for something that feels premium. It is a reliable and well-made guitar using high-quality wood and a glossy laminated finish.
The model is made using a rosewood bridge and a compensated saddle. Fender actually makes the guitar in 4 different colors and comes in the shape of a full-size dreadnaught acoustic guitar.
Silvertone SD3000 Complete Acoustic Guitar Package with Instructional Software
- Includes Digital Guitar Tuner, Acoustic Guitar Gig Bag, Guitar Strap, Extra Set of Strings, Guitar Picks, Chord Chart and eMedia Instructional Software
- Software is both Mac and PC compatible
- Includes over twenty step-by-step lessons
- Songs and exercises are accompanied by full-motion videos and live recorded audio
- Easy-to-follow lessons for this Silvertone SD3000 Acoustic Guitar range from basics like stringing the guitar to playing chords and strumming techniques.Any guitar whether it be electric or acoustic, the neck can be adjusted with the included truss rod tool to increase the height of the strings to prevent buzzing.
The Silverstone SD3000 is a great kit that comes with a very appealing price tag that recommends mostly for the ones that have a limited budget. It comes with a generous bundle that includes an instructional DVD, a carrying bag, a shoulder strap, multiple picks, and the guitar itself.
The guitar has a standard dreadnaught shape made using high-quality wood. Its software comes with useful lessons and exercises that make it extremely easy to learn how to play an acoustic guitar.
Rogue RA-090 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar Black
- Dreadnought design
- Whitewood body
- 25-3/8" scale length
- Nato neck
Rogue RA-090 is a great guitar for beginners. It is inexpensive, well-made, and quite stylish. The model comes in a matte black color that is simply gorgeous and makes it look much more expensive than it really is.
The model has a whitewood body with a dreadnaught design. From a sound quality perspective, the guitar is surprisingly good. It is an excellent pick for both beginner and intermediate students.
Crescent MG38-BK 38″ Acoustic Guitar Starter Package
- Complete 38 Inch Acoustic Guitar Set in Black
- Ideal for Beginning Students
- Linden Binding and Wood Construction with Geared Tuning
- Wood Frame and Steel Strings
- Set Includes: Extra Strings, Gig Bag, Carrying Strap, Guitar Pick, Pitch Pipe Tuner, CrescentTM Digital E-Tuner
Crescent MG38 is by far the most popular guitar kit for beginners. This acoustic guitar has been the primary choice for most people that are attempting to learn how to play yet do not want to spend too much money in the beginning.
For this bundle, Rogue included a pitch pipe, a tuner, a carry bag, extra cords, a pick, and a carrying bag. The guitar itself is available in multiple colors to choose from. Its construction uses high-quality wood with steel strings and a dreadnaught design.
Acoustic guitars are extremely popular. There are much more popular than electric guitars, mainly due to their sound and the fact that they are much more suitable for a wider range of musical genres. For our list, we looked at a wide selection of models without going into the premium range. There are some models on our list that are a bit more expensive, but they have been included just to provide more choices for the ones that are looking for something suitable for their level.